Not receiving all emails...

I am having some (not all, just hit and miss) emails that show up via my iPhone or online through my Gmail account, however they are not showing up through EMC. My account is an older one, and is set up as a POP account, so all emails on the server should show up in my inbox. It worked flawlessly until today, and I haven’t made any changes to any settings prior or after the issue.

Hi Scott,
please do check if your POP account settings haven’t accidentally changed either on the Gmail server or in eM Client.
Because usually, when you use the same POP email account on more than one device, email messages may appear only on the first device that receives them. This occurs when an email client or the account on the server is configured to automatically remove email from the server after an email client has received it.
I’m not sure if you have reasons for setting up your gmail as a POP account, but if you use more devices and want to keep backup of your email on the server, I think you would benefit more if you changed your gmail settings into an IMAP account and keep your emails synchronized on all devices. Or at least make sure you don’t automatically delete emails from server after reading them.

Best regards,
Olivia

I checked my settings, and they are not set to erase anything from the server, which hasn’t changed.  Most of my accounts are set up as IMAP accounts, but this particular email receives a lot of larger files for work.  Those files I want hard copies saved in my EMC folders, and don’t want or need all of that “clutter” on my devices.  The problem seemed to have corrected itself last week, but started up again this morning.  Only part of my emails are hitting EMC, yet all of them are hitting my Gmail account.  

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,
do you have this account set for Downloading your full messages then? Also, you previously stated it was a POP account, so that’s what I was advising you about. eM Client doesn’t always download full messages for IMAP accounts, so for those that you want to enable it for, you need to go to “Tools > Accounts” and in IMAP tab of your chosen account check the “Download messages for offline use” option.

Best regards,
Olivia

Olivia,

I went to the Tools/Account section, and there is not even an IMAP tab in that section.  The available tabs in order are “General,POP3, SMTP, Calendar/Contacts, Chat, Diag.”.  

As far as your original message, you said that sometimes the emails only show up on the first device that they show up on, which I understand.  I haven’t changed any settings to my account, either on Gmail or on EMC.  This issue had never happened until literally the day that I started this thread.  Now, it happens intermittently.  As I type this reply, I have 5 emails showing in my Gmail, and only 2 of them have shown up in EMC.

Thoughts?

Scott

Oh, and if I forward one of the messages that doesn’t hit my EMC from the Gmail website, then it shows up that time in EMC.  Does that help narrow down the issue?

Hi Scott, I tried looking at your situation from all angles by now, but since you really ARE using a POP account after all, I think it must have been the issue of seeing the email first on another device. Since the email counts as accepted, it isn’t pushed into eM Client anymore (but if you forward it then it gets pushed again, so you receiv it in EMC). If you plan on checking your gmail on more devices, I recommend switching it back to IMAP account and since you want to store them locally as well, go and turn the “Downloading for offline use” setting after the POP tab changes to an IMAP one. This way you will have your mails on the server for access from numerous devices and also have a local copy in your computer.
There were also some minor fixes done on some authentication and synchronization issues in this release -> http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.234… - I’m not sure if that would solve your situation, but I’m certain it won’t hurt either.

Best regards,
Olivia

Thank you for the help, I will keep working on it!