not able to send or receive mail

we are unable to receive or send email. receiving this message
"[imap] an attempt to connect to xxxx @ xxxx failed.this could be caused by temporary server un availibility or incorrect setting. do u want to check the settings?

it was working till an hour ago but is not working now. i can send and receive emails from the same server through my phone.
Can u pls help
regards
saqib

Hi, if you hide this error/ignore it, does your account work properly or are you really unable to receive/send out emails?
What version of eM client are you using and what mail service are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

it just started working.

thanks

Hi again, glad it works, if you come across any other issues or have any questions about the application, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
facing the same issue again.

we are unable to receive or send email. receiving this message
"[imap] an attempt to connect to xxxx @ xxxx failed.this could be caused by temporary server un availibility or incorrect setting. do u want to check the settings?

Thanks 
Saqib

Hi again, same question, if you dismiss the error is your account still working or are you having issues with receiving/sending out email?
This error can be caused by minor connectivity issues, but the account is still working.

These can get a little bit annoying, you can hide these errors in Tools > Settings > General, and uncheck “Show window when an error occurs”.

Thank you,
Paul.

no, if i dismiss the error the account is still not working. However, i forgot to mention  we are able to receive emails but unable to send.

If you send an email, what happens with the message? Does it stay in outbox?
What version of eM Client are you using?

Can you go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on SMTP logging for your account? Save the settings and restart the application, try to send out an email and if it won’t work, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “send logs” please send the logs to [email protected] and please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

yes the email stays in the outbox. The em client version im using is 6.0.20154.0
went to the settings but didnt work. have sent the log to the email.
Thanks
saqib

Hi Paul,
I have sent the log files through my personal email.Please confirm receipt.
Thanks
Saqib

Hi Paul,
Today we are able to send emails but unable to receive any. Can you please help.
Thanks
Saqib

Hi, are you using any firewall/proxy/antivirus software on your computer?
If you dismiss the error and click on the Send and Receive button, are the emails sent or received?

Thank you,
Paul.

hi,
it has started working 5 minutes ago. to answer your question, yes we use panda antivirus.
and by dismissing the error it was not working earlier.
thanks
saqib

Hi again, are you sure you’re using the version stated above, I’ve checked the logs you’ve sent me and those say something about version 5, can you please make a screenshot of your Help > About, window?

Or please download this update (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20355/setup.msi), and let me know if that helped the issue you’re having…

Thank you,
Paul.