NonJunk Tag Appearing From Nowhere

I have a coupe of accounts which automatically get tagged with an orange “NonJunk” tag. (only accounts for a certain domain). All accounts are on the same server, and I don’t see any Spam options which would only affect just one doman.

I have looked over my Rules, and there is nothing to account for it. There is a Spam Filter which came with eM Client, but I cannot edit it because it was “created by a wizard”.

I am starting to use color tags a lot, and the unwanted NonJunk tag is quite distracting. How do I get rid of it? Thanks!

sábado 28 agosto 2021 :: 1832hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @RobertP

Use Webmail to check your ISP settings for any Spam filters that are affecting your email
before it come to you.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

[email protected]

I completely turned off all Spam identification and processing on the server, and it made no difference.

Is there some way to delete that tag when emails come into eM Client?

Robert

@RobertP Automatic Tags on your emails arriving in your Inbox as @skybat advised , are normally Server mailbox related and you have to modify server mailbox settings / filters to stop this.

eg: Gmail by default marks most emails arriving in the Inbox as “Important Tag”, which is annoying. However you can modify the Gmail mailbox filter settings (online) to stop this as in the eM Client support link below. Also as per the link info, from eM Client 8.1 onwards, there is a settings to “disable” this in your eM Client Gmail account. See screenshot further down the page.

Gmail - All of my messages are marked as Important, how to stop it? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software (emclient.com)

Thank you very much cyberzork! I appreciate the detailed response. I should have been clear that I am not using Gmail, but rather a standard Apache UNIX server on my web hosting company. I disabled the Spam identification and processing, but no change. I don’t see any other filters there which would add this tag. If anyone has any idea where I should look in the server cPanel, I’d be grateful.

With all the sophisticated rule options in eM Client, it would be great if they added the ability to strip incoming email tags for those who don’t want/need them.

domingo 29 agosto 2021 :: 1655hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hola @RobertP
Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés.
También un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

NOW:
RobertP
With all the sophisticated rule options in eM Client, it would be great if they added the ability to strip incoming email tags for those who don’t want/need them.

Totally agree!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

[email protected]

1 Like

I had the same problem - I don’t know if Thunderbird is adding these or Fastmail (my email provider). I was able to remove them by creating a tag in eM Client “NonJunk” – all of the existing emails immediately belonged to this tag. I then selected all emails (it took a couple minutes) and from the tag menu, removed NonJunk while leaving the other tags untouched. I found I had a few tagged as “Spam” as well that were not spam, so I did the same thing for that tag