No VIP support available

My VIP support expired a months ago and then my EM client crashed leaving me with no account. I subscribed to a VIP support for yet another year, opened a ticket with URGENT tag, and got no response. In my understanding VIP support should be provided on 7/24 basis. Such support is normally provided with other apps and services at no additional cost for paid/pr users. If EMClient claims to provide a VIP support with extra payment then they should ensure such support is indeed provided. Very dissatisfied.

1 Like

My VIP support expired a months ago and then my EM client crashed leaving me with no account.

When you try to open eM Client do you get any error messages. Need more info as to what happens.

Also what version of eM Client do you have and are you using Windows or Mac and what OS version.

I do not see any error message. I am using version 9.2.2230 (82bdd89) on Mac

There is another problem with the crash. After recovering all mail accounts I discovered all tags had been lost. Is there any method to recover the tags on the mail messages or is this a permanent loss?

After recovering all mail accounts I discovered all tags had been lost. Is there any method to recover the tags on the mail messages or is this a permanent loss?

If they are “Local Tags” there is no way normally to manually recover the tags unless you either backed up eM Client prior to the crash, Or if you have a copy of your user profile folders prior to the crash.

Now if they were Server Tags then those will normally come back when you add the account like with a eg: Gmail, Exchange acct etc. So all depends on what type of tags you had.

So if you have been regularly backing up eM Client on Mac either automatically via the Settings or manually backing up via the Menu, click “File /;Restore” which will then bring up the latest dated backups to choose to restore.

Or alt if you don’t have any eM Client backups, but have been regularly backing up “your computer user profile folders” and have a copy of that prior to the crash, you can “copy the eM Client hidden mail database folder and replace your current folder” which will also restore any tags you had previously as well.

Note: If you do replace your current eM Client hidden mail database folder, close eM Client first.

The eM Client hidden database folders for Windows and Mac are in the below locations.

“Hidden mail database folder Mac”
“Users\yourusername\Library\Application Support\eM Client”

“Hidden mail database folder Windows”
“Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client”