No SEND Option for MS emails

Some time ago when Microsoft was being a PITA about its AUth thing, someone posted a “fix” that changed something so that I could at least receive emails from my hotmail account, but not send them.

I hear that the auth issue has been solved, but now I can’t figure out how to reverse the fix. I have no option to “send” at all. When I click “new email” there’s “no account” to send from and when I click the send/receive the only option is receive only.

I tried uninstalling EMClient, doing a registry cleaner (CCleaner) and then reinstalling, but it didn’t resolve the problem. Can anyone help me with this?

When I click “new email” there’s “no account” to send from and when I click the send/receive the only option is receive only

It sounds like you may not have enabled in your Microsoft account either IMAP / Airsync or SMTP in your account setup.

Go to “Menu / Accounts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac) and select your account. Then click the “General tab” along the top. Then in “Services” part way down see if you have checked the 3 boxes.

If any are not checked, enable them and Save & Close accounts.

OH my gosh you’re a lifesafer! Thank you so much cyberzork. :heart: