No matter what I have tried emclient is constantly locking up.

I tried several times to “repair” the latest version. I also tried uninstalling the latest version and replacing it with an older version. My last attempt was to do a complete uninstall using Revo and starting from scratch. Once it downloaded my accounts from msn and yahoo, it locked up again. I am running Windows 10. All other programs seem to be operating fine. I have almost always received error messages about not being able to access the Yahoo account but it never started locking up until just the past few days.

Did you remove the database and start from scratch?

To remove the database, close eM Client and then rename or delete C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there.

As I stated in my first post, my last attempt was to uninstall emclient using Revo Uninstaller which searches for all traces of any program. The only way I can get out of emclient once it locks up is to open the Task Manager in Windows 10 and end the task. I suspect that the problem is related to my Yahoo account. I may try removing that account and see if the issue goes away. If it does I will probably abandon emclient since the only real reason I use it is to sync multiple email accounts. If it can’t do that it is useless to me.

Even though it is not the most reliable provider, I am sure there are many Yahoo! users with eM Client, and at least a few are successfully using more than one email provider as well.

What about your hardware? This does also sound like it could be a memory issue. Your BIOS should have a memory check function, so run that and see if there is anything there.

Gary, I really do appreciate your help. With eM Client, Google Chrome, Windows Explorer, the task manager and all of the various background systems running the task manager shows that I am at approximately 60% of available memory. Nothing has really changed on my PC in the past few days except for the issues with eM Client.

Maybe disable your anti-virus application.

But an error with your computer memory can manifest in unexpected ways. It is certainly something that you should check if reinstalling the application and resetting the accounts does nothing.

I think things are back to normal now. Not sure if anything I did solved the problem but it seems to be working better. Knowing that MS had recently put out an update to Windows 10 I decided to do a system restore back to a few days before that update. I have had problems in the past after their updates with this and other software that MS does not support. I also reset my Yahoo password and made sure the same password was being used for that account by eM Client. No lockups in the past six hours or so, knock on wood.

Yeah, the May update to version 1903 did some odd things on my laptop which required a reinstall of one application.

Well, we’re back to lockup mode. I tried to open eM Client twice today and any action whatsoever results in an instant crash (lockup). The last crash happened when I tried to scroll within the first inbox message that opened upon startup. Didn’t even click on anything. I’m starting to think it might have something to do with my internet connection speed. I live in a remote location with no fiber optic cable access so my only option other than through a mobile phone is satellite internet. My connection speed can vary depending on time of day and internet traffic. What doesn’t make sense though is that I have been using this type of connection for a couple of years and never had this type of problem with eM Client until the past few days. And as I a said before, none of my other internet activity, or any other computer activity for that matter,  seems to be affected during the times that eM Client is in crash mode.

I’m having the same problem. Upgraded to the latest version on Friday, the email headers download but no content, and then the whole shebang locks up. Trying to reinstall today to an older version, but terrified I’m going to delete my database…
(paid version)

You could open a support ticket directly with eM Client. They will be able to assist you further.