no labels, folders or messages appearing in client (using gmail)

I am able to send messages using the client but it doesn’t display any of my folders\labels, and also no messages (old or new) appear in the inbox. Calendar and contacts are working fine. I occasionally get an error message regarding an IMAP connection error. What might be the problem?

Hi Tai, what version of eM Client are you currently using? How did you setup the account, did you use the automatic setup?
Can you please make a screenshot the error you’re seeing and of your account from the Mail tab/view in eM Client as well?

Also when the error occurs can you please switch to the Log/History tab and copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum please?

Thank you,
Paul. 

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying, as to your questions: I’m using version 6.0.20648.0. I used the automatic setup. here are the screenshots you requested, and I copied the log below.

log:
10:22:41 PM Online state: changed to online with reason NetworkAvailability 10:22:45 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
10:22:47 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:22:53 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:22:59 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:23:01 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:23:02 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:23:02 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:23:03 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:23:04 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Tai Cohen/’
10:23:09 PM [email protected] [GData]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Tai Cohen/’
10:23:17 PM [email protected] [GData]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Tai Cohen/’
10:23:18 PM [email protected] [GData]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Tai Cohen/’
10:24:49 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
10:24:52 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:24:53 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:24:53 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:24:55 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:24:56 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:24:56 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:24:58 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:24:58 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:24:58 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:24:59 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Failed opening connection to server.
10:24:59 PM ()
10:24:59 PM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
10:24:59 PM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
10:24:59 PM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
10:24:59 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
10:24:59 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:24:59 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
10:32:40 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
10:32:40 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:32:41 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:32:41 PM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:32:50 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Failed opening connection to server.
10:32:50 PM ()
10:32:50 PM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
10:32:50 PM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
10:32:50 PM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
10:32:50 PM    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
10:32:50 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
10:32:50 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:32:50 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Can you please try to update to this version of eM client http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20773/setup.msi and check if the issue persists?
If it does, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the problematic Gmail account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Updating seemed to work, I deleted the account and set it up again and now everything’s fine. Thanks for the help!

Hi Tai, glad it works, let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.