No In-Reply-To header when saved in draft folder

Hello,

in eM Client 6.0 when I reply to a message, there is usually a line “In-Reply-To” in the header (visible in the email source code) with a reference to the original message ID. This allows grouping messages to threads automatically. However when I save my reply in the draft folder, close it, open it again from that folder and send it, then there is no In-Reply-To header.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

Kind regards
Philipp

Hi, this looks more like a situation when you have your mail format set in plaintext. Go to Tools - Settings - Mail - Compose and switch both “new mails format as” and “mail format for reply” to HTML.

Or you might mean threaded (conversation view), but that is not implemented yet.

Jan

Hi John,

thanks for your reply. I use HTML format, but I refer to the “formal” (technical) header outside of the (html) body. Yes, I mean threaded conversation: even if it’s not implemented in eM Client, it should allow the recipient of my email to sort by thread. For this, the “In-Reply-To” header normally contains a message ID. This works correctly in eM Client when you reply to a message, but it does not work if you save your draft, close it, open and send it later on (that header line is missing). This - to my understanding - is a bug if you could reproduce it.

Kind regards
Philipp

Hi, I am sorry for delayed answer, I have been informed that it is a bug and developers are working on it.
I have been also told that there is no exact ETA on this, but it should be repaired in one of the upcoming patches.

JAn

Hello,
thanks for the reply anyway. As a workaround, when I open a drafted message that is a reply to a previous email, I copy&paste the draft content into a new reply. This way the message ID is included in my reply. The topic can be closed here.
Regards, Philipp

Thank you for this information.

Jan

Philipp, thx for the workaround. But eM, please do not close this thread until the bug is fixed.

thx