No emails showing at all

Today, I opened emClient and no emails at all showing. It is asking me to create an account. I have been using it for at least 2 years. I am seeing notifications from eMClient appear and disappear but that is all.

I can’t find my password, so if I need to reinstall it how do I get to reset my password since I am not receiving any emails in eMClient.

Very frustrated.

That usually happens if the database directory has been deleted.

It is normally stored in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ unless you changed that.

Is it possible that the directory has been deleted from your computer?

Are you referring to your email account password? You can reset that using the web interface for your email provider. You will need to discuss with them if you are not able to reset your password, or not able to receive the reset information.

Didn’t change it. Don’t see it. Not sure what happened between today and yesterday. But also am not receiving any emails. I sent a test email today to that email address from another one and it never got there. Also did not get returned to email sent from.

No idea why the directory was deleted Pam.

You only option may be to restore from your most recent backup, or setup your email accounts again.

So I figured it out. I saw a reply you actually did last year to someone about what password I needed to use, so I tried it. I did menu/accounts and essentially did an account setup using the password tied to that email address. There are alot of emails there so it’s taking awhile. But thanks to your reply to someone else last year.

1 Like

There all back including the test one I sent.

1 Like

That’s great!

Still doesn’t explain why your database disappeared in the first place, but good to know that all your messages are online and have synced with eM Client again.