No email notifications

I just downloaded EM Client on a Windows 10 PC so I’m still learning about the latter also. I made it the default email but it’s not alerting me of new mail. I thought the settings were right but could you give me some things to check.

Hello, are you receiving new mail into Inbox or are you perhaps using server side rules to sort messages into appropriate folders? Make sure notifications are enabled in Tools > Settings > Notifications.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

Paul I’m receiving new mail into my Inbox. I’m not too knowledgeable about server rules and things like that so I don’t use them. Everything under Notifications is checked and the version is 6.0.22344.0

It seems like EM Client is not retrieving email until I open it or at the very least it’s extremely slow.

Notification is displayed only when the main application window is not active, otherwise eM Client doesn’t use any other notifications except a small unread notification in the tray and flashing icon on start. Unread count for each folder is then notifying you about unread state in your inbox.

We’re currently planning improvements for including notifications in the Windows 10 notification centre, however this will be included in future updates.

Regards,