No Contacts - Outlook

I’ve just installed eM & hooked it up to an outlook.com account.  The emails have synced fine, but the contacts are completely missing.

Can anyone give me a pointer to what I am missing?

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on your Outlook.com account. On the General tab, make sure that AirSync is selected.

Thanks Gary.  I’ve checked and it is enabled.

I don’t know if this is a red-herring, but I checked the AirSync log and see there is an issue logged.  Key thing is it can’t resolve m.hotmail.com.

19:14:27.479|001|   AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState : STATE CHANGE TO online due User
19:14:27.480|04E|   FolderSync
19:14:27.483|04E|   Exception: MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: The remote name could not be resolved: ‘m.hotmail.com’ —> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: ‘m.hotmail.com
19:14:27.483|04E|      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
19:14:27.483|04E|      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
19:14:27.483|04E|      at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetRequestStream(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:14:27.483|04E|      at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetXmlWriter(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:14:27.484|04E|      at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.LoggingCommandRequest.GetXmlWriter(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:14:27.484|04E|      at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:14:27.484|04E|      at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
19:14:27.484|04E| at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:14:27.484|04E| — End of inner exception stack trace —
19:14:27.484|04E| at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:14:27.484|04E| at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
19:14:27.484|045| AccountBase.ChangeOnlineState : STATE CHANGE TO offline due BrokenConnection

Restart your router and computer and see if that makes any difference.

An option is to remove that account from eM Client, then add it again.

I doubt it is an issue over at Microsoft because I am able to connect using AirSync, though it could be a geographical specific or ISP issue.

Thanks Gary, unfortunately that didn’t work.

The only thing I can think of is that this may be an issue with the recent release of eM Client. You can uninstall, and then download and install 7.2.35595 from the Release History. You will not lose your data if you select NOT to delete the database when uninstalling.

Thanks for your help, but there’s no change.  It now shows an error on the Errors tab, but there’s the same underlying issue of not being able to connect to m.hotmail.com.  I tried turning the firewall off, but that made no difference.  Right now I think the problem is with Microsoft.

They are usually quite good with their support, but if you have no luck there, you might try setting up the account as Exchange and see if there is any difference.

Instead of using the Automatic Setup, choose Mail > Exchange.

That will use EWS instead of AirSync

Thanks Gary,

It’s still syncing, but that appears to have done the trick.

Thanks very much for your help!