No connection to Update- or License Server

When starting eM Client I get a message, that the Client is in offline mode, because there was no connection to the update- or license Server for 14 days. When I got this message first I startet an update an could download and update to version 6.021372.0.

Then I read in this Forum and tried to reach the link  http://licensing.emclient.com/ . The link worked.

I would be glad if eM Client would work again.

Hi, if the application is unable to access the licensing server, you might have some security software on your computer that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the licensing server.

Do you have any antivirus, firewall or proxy software enabled on your computer? Can you please try to disable such security software and check if the issue persists?

Thank you,
Paul

Thank you very much for your answer. Before I checked my security software Norton360 I tried to start eM Client one more time - and it works again as it was before!

Again thank you,

Thomas

Hi again Thomas, thank you for the update, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

This same problem happened for me a couple of hours ago. Nothing changed on my computer. When I started the application the second time, it worked. I have no connectivity issues on this computer. 

Hi again Rick, this may occur if for example the application does not have the access to the internet at the precise moment of the license check, when connection is available the license will be verified and you should no longer see the window unless a similar situation reoccurs.

Thank you,
Paul

It happened when I was connected by VPN to the computer running emclient, and the VPN was working, so it was not an Internet issue. With all due respect, since other people are reporting the same problem, you might want to be open minded about the possibility of a bug in the program, such as a timing issue. As a power user, I am keenly aware of even the slightest issues with my computer or Internet.