Nice email client but it doesn't seem to work

Had same problem on 14 oct 2021. Uninstalled and reinstalled, bought the pro licence, now finally got SMTP to work but cannot load my pro functions.
Any tips?

thanks
Sabrina

@sabra

bought the pro licence, now finally got SMTP to work but cannot load my pro functions.

Click Menu / Help / License. Then click Deactivate , and then Activate with your new pro licence.

I am totally certain that plusnet’s mail system is very broken. It has been for many years (look at all the other threads on PN forums) and the plusnet support folk don’t know how to fix the multitude of issues they have with their mail servers (they need a complete overhaul and it is never ever going to happen).

I have several friends that have been in the same situation as well as myself. Many hours on the phone with plusnet support too and they have even told me on a number of occasions that plusnet mail does not work reliably with IMAP or POP access and the only way to use it is to use the webmail client (which is also very very poor at best). The best advice I can give is to move away from Plusnet as an email address as soon as possible and migrate over to Gmail, Hotmail or similar.

You will spend a lot of time trying to get this fixed and you may get it working for a very short time but it will stop working again before long.

When you do move away you may want to setup a forward to your new email. The only way to do this (if you are using the master email address and not a sub address) is:

1. Change the ID of the master address from what it is to something else (to free up the origial master email address) - using the web interface.
    e.g. [email protected] to [email protected]

2. Create a new sub email using the web interface called [email protected] (i.e. to match the old master account ID) and set this to forward all emails to your new chosen provider (e.g. Gmail)

3. call plusnet and ask them to send all communications from them to your new email address (e.g. Gmail) so you get your bills, support ticket updates etc. arriving to your new address too.

Why?
Because you cant set up a forward on the email address if it is the master email address but you can change the master to some other random ID and then create a sub email that is identical and forward that to the new provider. All emails coming in to the old email address will be picked up by the new sub address and get forwarded nicely to your new provider. Why step 3? Because they don’t send these communications in a normal way and this is a necessary extra step if you want to keep getting your emails from the service provider.

Been there - got the T-Shirt.

Hope that helps.
Paul

I’ve recently migrated all my PN email to FastMail which I’ve so far found to be very good and provides extras like calendars, contacts list and many other useful features, especially if you have your own domain name.