New win 11 computer

I have a new Win 11 computer and have downloaded eM client ver:9.2.1222. On my old computer I ran eM client ver: 9.1.2109. My email provider is yahoo. The new installation picked up my user created mailboxes from Yahoo but it didn’t collect my contacts. I can do a backup of eM client on my old computer but don’t see how to import the back up into eM client on the new computer. I’m assuming that will bring my old settings and contacts into my newly installed eM client.
Thank you
Becky Minor

martes 06 diciembre 2022 :: 0933hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @Becky_Minor

That is easy for you to fix:
1./ Make a backup on old computer (Menu ->Backup)
2./ Copy this backup to your Win 11 computer on a USB
3./ Default location on both is Documents/em client
4./ Restore to Win 11 computer (Menu ->File ->Restore

That is it!

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Thank you. This worked fine.

@Becky_Minor

The new installation picked up my user created mailboxes from Yahoo but it didn’t collect my contacts.

Great you got your Yahoo contacts back with the eM Client restore as per @skybat advised.

Wondering though when you setup the new eM Client 9.2.1222, did you “do an upgrade from the old V9.1.2109” or “do a new clean install of 9.2.1222” ?

Also if it was a clean install, did you use the automatic email wizard for your Yahoo account, where you then clicked “Allow” at the end in your browser to allow eM Client access to your Yahoo account which adds, Mail, Calendar & Contacts?

It was a clean install of 9.2.1222. I don’t remember about “allow” in Yahoo. I probably didn’t since the contacts didn’t come across.
Thanks for your response,

@Becky_Minor

I don’t remember about “allow” in Yahoo. I probably didn’t since the contacts didn’t come across.

Ah ok. Thanks for the update.

Sounds like that’s why the contacts didn’t add.