New User Issues: autosuggest from contacts / email fetch not working / messages moved with rule aren't downloading

New user here, switched from Thunderbird.

1.  When I’m writing a new mail, it is autocompleting names from my contacts book.  Is there an option I’m missing for that?  It will suggest names from people I’ve sent to before, so that is working fine.

2.  Program is only fetching mail upon starting up the application.  If I hit Send and Receive, nothing happens.  I have to close and start up and it will download my new mail.  One thing that I see is that in the status bar at the bottom it says “Sychronizing messages” and when I open that up more, I have 2 operations that are seemingly just sitting there with like a white progress bar like maybe it is stuck doing something.
                - One says “synchronizing messages”  [IMAP] For folder emailaddress/Sent
                - One says “Uploading messages”  [IMAP] To folder emailaddress/Sent

3.  I have a rule to send certain emails to a different folder.  The rule works, but my issue is that it doesn’t download the message.  It just says “The message wasn’t downloaded because you’re not connected to the server” and I can click “Download message”, so then it says “The message will be downloaded the next time you go online”.  I am online this whole time and even when it downloads new mail, it never downloads the message for the ones that were moved to a different folder.

Hello Frank,

1. I’m not really sure what you’re missing - eM Client is suggesting contacts based on your cached recipients and your address book contacts, you can remove the recipient history in Tools > Settings > Mail > Compose or by clicking the red cross next to the suggested email.

2. What mail service are you using with eM Client? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you using any security software on your computer?

3. You can avoid this issue by using the “Download messages for offline use” option in Tools > Accounts > Your account or by enabling the option for specific folders in the folder’s properties.

Regards,

My first two issues appear to have resolved themselves overnight.  Can’t explain the first, but I think the second one had sometime to do with it trying to synch all of my messages with my IMAP server.  It caught up overnight and doesn’t seem to be an issue anymore.

I’ll keep an eye on the 3rd issue, I did have that option turned on.

Ok, glad it works now, make sure to let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you,