New system set up..BACKUP / RESTORE?

New system set up…I created the .ZIP backup file from the old system per the BACKUP instructions from the drop down menu in my older eM Client (which also includes a RESTORE option) , but there is no restore function in this newer version. How do I import my archived emails from the old system into the new system?

That’s odd Sean. What version of eM Client are you wanting to do the restore on?

Not sure? Where do you find the Version number? I just downloaded the new eM Client today.

Menu > Help > About.

I did not know that had been released yet so I just downloaded it. 

Not sure why you don’t have the Restore option Sean. 

The manual way of doing it is to copy the C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ folder from the old computer to the new one. eM Client needs to be closed on both to do that.

Sorry…I was looking in the wrong place. But I just did the RESTORE and I received an error message. And all of today’s e-mails have been deleted. 

Did you read the confirmation pop-up?

The restore will replace all the data on the destination with what was in the backup.

If your email account is setup as IMAP, just wait for eM Client to sync with the server and today’s messages will be there again.

This is getting worse! 

Yes I read that and I wasn’t too concerned, but I didn’t get my archived e-mails. It’s all completely blank. 

If they are still on the old computer, do another backup and restore that on the new one.

The goal is to import my preexisting “Local Folders” and archived e-mails. I wasn’t too concerned about that message because I still have everything sitting there on my old system. But I want them on my new system. 

So make another backup on the old computer, and restore that on the new computer.

Nope…Doesn’t work. I get a critical error. And the process shuts down. 

Maybe uninstall eM Client, then download and install 7.2.35595 from the Release History. That seems to be the last version that was working correctly.