New Messages on Top

Here is a screenshot.

1. On the left you can see the conversation in the message list. I have clicked on the message count for the conversation, and that has expanded the thread view.

2. On the right you can see the message preview. I have read the older message from you, so it and my reply is not displayed. It starts in the top of the preview pane exactly where I need to be to continue reading. If I want to see older messages in the conversation, I need to scroll up to display those behind the 2 older emails button.

Thank you! I see it now! I would not have looked there. Lol.

For those still following this thread and would like to have the newest messages on top please upvote this feature here Change order of conversation | Mail | eM Client

1 Like

Just to be clear @Gary, there’s absolutely a bug where a conversation opens at the top, showing the oldest email and you have to scroll down through multiple open old emails to find the new one.

I’ve been trialling EMC for a while and this is a deal breaker for me also.

While I understand the intention behind showing conversations like a book and avoiding showing the most recent message first when there might be multiple unreads, I need to see the newest unread emails first and this feature doesn’t work as intended.

It is by design that the conversation opens to the oldest unread message in the conversation. That is not messages marked as unread, but messages you have actually viewed in that installation of eM Client. Once you have read (viewed) all the messages in the conversation, and another one arrives, it will open to the new message. No scrolling required.

Yep I hear ya @Gary.

It is by design that the conversation opens to the oldest unread message in the conversation.

If you read my message again you’ll see that what I’m saying is that…

there’s a bug where a conversation opens at the top, showing the oldest email and you have to scroll down through multiple open old emails to find the new one.

For example, in one conversation an email has 27 images attached, I must scroll through all of them and the rest of the emails to get to the newest one.

Yes, because you haven’t viewed any of them yet, it will open to the oldest unviewed message. Once you have actually viewed them, you won’t have to scroll when new messages arrive the next time you open that conversation.

I wonder if version 10 will have this feature. I have used this email client in a year since buying my pro license.