New Mails fine. Old mails not downloading

Just start to use eM Client. I get new mails in but it not showing all my old emails

Are the old messages visible when using the web interface for your email account?

Is your account setup as IMAP or POP3 in eM Client. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts where you should have either an IMAP or POP3 tab. 

I’m using IMAP It downloaded about 30 emails out of the 700 that is in the inbox on the web interface. It has download fold has created the folders and downloaded some of the mails in them but not all. All new mails come in.

If this is a GMail account, you can right-click on the All Mail folder and choose Properties > Repair. For other accounts, just right-click on whichever folder is missing messages and do the same. That should remove the message cache and resync with the server.

tried that already 

A more aggressive option is to remove the account from eM Client, then add it again.

will try that . But do you know if the client has a limit on how many emails it can download

There is no limit. Some on this forum have mentioned having 100s of thousands, so I don’t think this is a problem. I suppose if you ran out of hard disk space that would be an issue, but you would get an error message to that effect.

Did you get any error messages? You can find them in Menu > Tools > Operations.

No errors just sync done