New iOS List Categories do not sync over to em Client

I have set up an account in em Client to sync with my iCloud services, amongst other things what iOS calls Reminders and what em Client calls Tasks. The problems are multi-faceted:

1. If I add a Reminder category on my iPhone, say “New List 49”, this new list will not appear as a Task category on em Client (the checkbox list).
  2. I cannot rename a category in Tasks in eMail client.
  3. If I rename such a list or category in iOS, the sync gets broken.

To help zero-in on the issue, the following does work:

• Note that I can, however, add a new Folder on em Client, and that new Folder will show up on my iOS device.
  • If I rename a list on iOS, and manually change a folder name on em Client, then syncing works.
  • If I add a list on iOS, and manually add a folder on em Client, the sync works.
  • If I rename a Folder on em Client, it seems to still sync correctly with the list on iOS, however, the name of the list on iOS is not updated.
    Here’s hoping that this information helps.

-Cliff

Hi Cliff, not sure what you mean by renaming a category in Tasks, do you mean the categories form Tools > Categories? These categories are only local and are not synchronized with your iOS device.
Can you maybe make a screenshot of the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

On the left, you see Mail, Calendar Tasks, Contacts.

Under Tasks you see a list of checkmarkable Items. Right-click on one and you will see New Task …, New Folder …, Copy Folder…, and so on.

They _do_ synchronize. But not if you rename them. If on the iOS you add a corresponding list, these will also not sync. But they will if you manually add an item with the exact same name under Tasks in em Client.

In summary, the syncing of items under Tasks has some areas where it does not work.

-Cliff

Hi again, I believe the synchronization only takes a long time before it takes place… Can you try restarting the application if the newly added list appears.
I can confirm that after clicking the refresh button the list does not appear even after the synchronization wheel disappears. I’ll report this to the developers to see if there’s something we can do about this issue.

Also if you add the list and right click the account in tasks and select Properties > Repair and click on the repair button, the displayed list of task categories will get updated as well.

Hope this helps in the meantime, thank you for reporting this,
Paul.

Sounds good, Paul.

Thanks for taking the time to work through this with me.

Cheers, Cliff

No problem, glad I could help, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.