New Emails in Inbox

I am using IMAP account from google apps. I started using em client by replacing thunderbird and was happy with the features I got in em client.

After using it for some hours I found the new emails are not displayed automatically util I navigate to another folder and return back to INBOX.

Can someone help in reference.

Regards
Yagnesh

Hi, eM Client should automatically keep an IDLE connection between your mail server and the application to fetch new messages as soon as they’re available on the server, however this only applies to your INBOX folder.

Are you having this issue with your Inbox folder as well? Other subfolders of your account should by default be synchronized once you open the folder, but a ‘…’ notification should be displayed new messages are available for download.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you.

Hi, I am facing this issue in INBOX itself. For more information I am sharing you the client version “6.0.21372.0”

Regards
Yagnesh

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to your mail server? Please try to update your eM Client to this release, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.22065/setup.msi and temporarily disable such security elements and check if the issue persists.

If you’re using an IMAP account, your Inbox should be updated automatically when new messages are received by the server.

I have upgraded the em client as suggested. Still the issue is same and I did not received email in my em client. The same gets delivered to thunderbird/Google Mail account immediately

Regards

Hi Paul,

The observation I did in issue is that, the screen freezes until any activity is performed. After selecting another folder automatically all the views are refreshed and emails are visible.

Might be this can be useful to diagnose.

Regards
Yagnesh

Can you please enable IMAP logging for the problematic account and create a dump file from the occurrence?

To enable logging, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic IMAP account, save the settings and replicate the issue, once you notice new messages are not being fetched, but are available on the server, please restart the application and navigate back to the advanced settings to submit the logs to us using the “Send logs” button.

When the application freezes, please run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe to create the dump file, this will generate and eM Client Stack Dump file in your documents folder, please attach the folder to the logs and submit it both to my email, [email protected]

Also please include a reference URL link to this forum topic.

Thank you.

Thanks for the support.

The problem is resolved.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul