Never autodelete a Mail (IMAP)

Is it possible to set up EM-Client in a way, that it never automatically deletes a mail?
As in: If the mail is not on the server anymore, it might be the server deleted it, because it is too old - I still want to keep a local copy on my PC.
I tried to make a rule: Upon receiving, make a copy to a local folder.
This has multiple problems tough:

1. If this is a mail I dont need, I have to delete it two times. (Local and on IMAP-folder)
  2. I either have zero or two unread new mails per mail, depending whether I mark the mail as read in the rule or not. It doesn’t seem to allow for just marking the copy as read.
  3. If instead of making a copy I move it to my local folder, it gets removed from the server, making it not retrievable by my other devices.

Is there any solution?

Hi, unfortunately you can not create a Rule to keep selected emails, but you could setup automatic archiving of your email which would remove the messages from your server and would save them locally, however this can be only setup to occur after the messages are X days old.

If you’re using an IMAP protocol to synchronize your emails, everything that’s available on the server will be available in eM Client unless you manually save the message locally.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Managed to set up the archiving the way I want.
The problem only were older mails getting autodeleted anyways,
therefore it covers my problem.

Thank you.

Hi again, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul