need to recover em client db after OS crash

My os (Win 7) crashed, and could not be recovered.  I have reinstalled OS to a second hard drive, but I need to recover my em client data to my new environment.  Allfolders/files/data are intact on old c:…just don’t know how to access (I have already tried copying the data to the roaming folder on the new C: but cannot access the data successfully)

The best way to do this is to restore from your most recent backup. If you don’t have a backup, copy the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eM Client from the old to the new disk. Don’t try to copy individual files, just copy the complete directory.

Do you have the same version of eM Client on the new installation as the previous one?

I think I was a minor change behind.  I did copy that folder(s) over, but got an error when it tried to read the db after doing an install.  Is there another step I missed?

A minor version is not a problem. As long as it is not 6 to 7.

Can you close eM Client, and delete the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eM Client folder. Then copy the folder again from the old disk.

Make a note of the error when you open eM Client.

I found the problem.  I finally “bothered” to read the message.  It was telling mw the files were read-only!  I deleted folders, and recopied.  Then I turned of the read-only flag for all em client folders and it works just fine.  fyi, once you start and get the read-only error, files are ng, and you must do a new copy to get it to work.  Thanks so much for the help Gary!  I had done the right thing, but missed that detail, but knowing that it “should” work, I looked at the error messages and found it!