Need to new install emclient 9 but move tasks over

I’m upgrading a windows 11 pc running licensed emclient 8 to emclient 9. The upgrade fails and windows events shows a .net exeception as ver 9 tries to upgrade the ver 8 database. I’ve restored and reinstalled several times and I used emclient backup in ver 8 and then tried to restore the backup in ver 9.

I’m going to do a virgin install, reconfigure all the accounts and let emclient rebuild the database from scratch.

I need to know how to move the tasks that are in the local folder to the new install so that I don’t lose the tasks. Can I copy Local Folders/task_. to the ver 9 Local Folders folder?

You can’t just take parts of one database and place them in another. That will not work. You need the whole database.

If the eM Client upgrade fails, try the following:

1. Close and uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete the database folder when asked. That will ensure all your data and settings are there later.
  2. If it exists, delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client folder.
  3. Download and install the latest version from here: https://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi
  4. Restart eM Client.

Yes, I’ve already done that. I had another idea, which is to export the tasks to an .ics file and then import them once em9 is installed.

Well, you don’t really need to do anything. The version 8 database can be used in version 9. Just install version 9 and it is done.

I guess I wasn’t clear. EM9 installs just fine but fails on first time startup during the conversion of the em8 database to the em9 database.