Need a repair option for the mobile app

Using the latest Droid mobile app 10.0.1586 with IMAP accounts such as eg: Gmail, messages have “randonly got out of synch with the online Gmail account” to the point i cannot then eg: delete draft messages or synch message folder changes etc.

Note: This also happened with the previous version.

Clearing the cache in the Droid OS 14 Settings / App / eM CIient section hasnt fixed this when it happens.

The only way to fix it is to Delete the data completely in the OS Settings / App / eM CIient section which unfortunately then clears everything in the app.

So then have to do the whole QR Import etc again.

Or removing and readding the Account will also fix it.

So be good if eM Client could “create a Repair option in the mobile app” within each account for when the mobile app gets out of sync, like the Repair option on eM Client for desktop.

Tap and hold a folder. Choose Properties. The repair option is there.

But can you explain a bit more about what got out of sync?

Tap and hold a folder. Choose Properties. The repair option is there

Ok thanks Gary for explaining about the touch repair option.

Unfortunately that didnt fix it as i thought it would, so i just removed and readded the Gmail IMAP account and that has fixed it. All the draft messages and parent folders etc are now synced up again.

At least then all my other accounts and tags stay there without clearing the complete mob app data.

But can you explain a bit more about what got out of sync?

ill have to try and replicate how it happens when i am creating Gmail drafts and Gmail Parent folders.