My eMClient seems to be switching small JPG copy/pastes to Very Large PNGs

I’m using EmClient 6.0.23421 on a Dell XPS27 Win8.1. When I do a Copy/Paste of a small 500x600, say 250kb, JPG and hit SEND, it’s somehow getting switched to a PGN at HUGE size, like 3.4MB! When I send it to myself, the email comes in Very Large, and if I do a SAVE-IMAGE-AS, it saves VERY LARGE to a file like bkkyelhr.png 3.4MB (still the same pixel size, 500x600!). I’m 99.99% sure this just started a couple of weeks ago, because I watch this sort of stuff carefully. No idea what I did, but this is really really driving me crazy! Please Help, somebody!

Hi,
does this happen when you insert the picture inline into the mail or when you put it in as an attachment? Does this happen on all of your email accounts or just one?
When you send it to yourself, is the image changed in both the sent folder and the inbox?

Best regards,
Olivia

Only does it when Copy/Paste into the email body, not if you do a Menu INSERT IMAGE.  I think it’s some sort of a Windows problem (change?).  Make that KNOW it’s a Windows 8.1 problem, because I tried Copy/Pasting a 60kb(550/640) JPG into a LibraOffice Document, and it went in as a 400kb(550/640) PNG - ie, it’s def. NOT unique to EmClient.  Some kind of strange action going with Copy/Paste.  Maybe somebody else is experiencing it. Driving me crazy - haha.

Hi,
if this happens in more applications and not just eM Client, it could very well be a Windows issue.
I suggest contacting Microsoft support, as they might know more.
Of course the topic will stay here as well, in case someone else experienced and solved this issue before.

Best regards,
Olivia