My email is stuck in outbox and will not send.

Emails not sending and sitting in the outbox

i have tried changing my ports and security settings of em client but nothing works. emails are sending fine from my phone and webmail, just not from the em client itself. pls help :slight_smile:

Hi Ebony,

Were you able to send e-mails successfully before, or have you never been able to send e-mails?

Which version of eM Client are you using?

Which e-mail provider?

Maybe there’s something wrong with your SMTP settings?

I have been having the same problem. Email’s with attachments will sit in my “outbox” and will not move to my sent folder. The email dose get sent, but will not move from the outbox. emails with no attachment have no problems. 

I have not had this problem before, and just started two weeks ago… I did the update to version: 6.0.20648. It seemed to work but again still doing the same thing.

Hi, can you try to install this update and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20648/setup.msi ?
If it does can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on SMTP logging for the problematic account?

Save the settings, Restart the application, and replicate the issue. If the email remains in the outbox folder, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs” and send the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Ebony,

I would ‘blur’ your e-mail addresses in your screen shot, if I were you.

I have the latest Version and its still doing it. Like I say, it’s happening with emails with attachments and not regular emails… I was getting a SMTP error, but since I updated I no longer am getting the error. I will send you my log file.

If you receive an error go to the log tab in the operations window and copy the content of that log, or even turn on SMTP logging in Tools > Settings > Advanced.
Save the settings, Restart the application and replicate the issue. When it occurs you can go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Ive sent the logs to Paul as requested. I cant edit my post to blur my email address, maybe one of the mods can remove the image for me? thanks

Hi Ebony,

Normally you should be able to edit your own posts…you can remove the image … blur your e-mail addresses and re-add the image if needed.

Hi Hans. I cant see an option to do this, maybe as I am a new member to the forum?

I can see the option on my new post above, but not the old post. Maybe the editing option only remains for a limited time.

ah…that can be, yes.

Hi again, I’ve deleted your post, there’s unfortunately no option to edit other users post.
Did you update your client to the version I’ve sent to you?
Can you try to send out an email and display the “Operations” window from Tools?

In that window, switch to the logs tab and copy the content of the log. Again, you can send that information to me or just post it here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul.