My eM Client will not open, when I click the icon. I newer used to have problems with this before. Does anybody have a solution to this?

My eM Client will not open, when I click the icon. I newer used to have problems with this before. Does anybody have a solution to this?

Have you tried an uninstall / reinstall?

(Remember and backup the database before doing this just in case…)

Hi Thomas, does this occur even after a computer restart? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your comptuer, can you please check the installed version in Help > About?

In case you’re unable to initialize the application, can you check your Task Manager application if the application (MailClient.exe) is in active or background processes?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul and Richard. Thank you very much for your advice. My eM Client is up and running again! I tried your advice Paul, and restarted my computer. And that did the trick! My apologies for not having done this before I bothered you both with my question. A restart is probably the number 1 thing to try in any trouble shooting process, but I was probably so frustrated at the time, that I forgot all about it! But thank you for reminding me anyway and for offering your advice on different solutions :slight_smile:

Hi again Thomas, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul