My calender won't save entries

My calender wont’t save entries.  It was fine until I went away on vacation 2 weeks ago.  I haven’t used the calender in that time and no settings have been changed.  Advice very welcome.

Hello Joe, not quite sure what you’re referring to, can you please specify the application’s behaviour? What calendar service are you using with eM Client? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Are you seeing any errors thrown by the application when you try to save the attachment? What kind of error?

Regards,

Thanks, Paul. I am able to write a calender entry but it won’t save and appear in my calender. I am using EM calender’s own calender and am hosting EM client via Google. I’m using version: 6.0.22344.0.  I’m not receiving any error messages; the entries just won’t save and appear.  Entries made on my smartphone, which is synced, aren’t appearing either.  As mentioned before, all was fine two weeks ago before I went on vacation.  Thanks v much, Simon

Hi Joe, can you please try to update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22930.0 and check if the issue persists?

Regards,

Thanks. When I click ‘update’ under ‘help’ it says there are no updates.  Can I update without losing any data by following the hyperlink you sent me? Best, Joe

Yes, this is an internal update, using the installer will update as if you were updating from the application. Note that the user database remains untouched even during uninstalling and again installing the application.

Regards,

Thanks. Have updated to the latest version but still have the problem. Please let me know what I should do next. Are you able to jump onto my computer remotely?

Hello again, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable GData logging for the problematic account, save the settings and replicate the issue with your calendar. Once the issue reoccurs and calendar entries are not being saved into your calendar, make sure the calendar entry can’t be searched for in Agenda or that it wasn’t saved into any other calendar folder.

If the issue persists, please restart the application and go back to the advanced settings window to submit the logging data, use the send logs button and submit the data to my work mail [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Regards,

Hi Simon - I had a similar issue and just noticed it appeared because I had chosen a wrong calendar on the left hand side menu. One of a team member I could only view, not edit. Perhaps that helps

Many thanks, Johannes.  I tried that…and am now sorted.  Cheeres.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,