"Must either be the organizer or an attendee" - How to still save the event?

Abstract:
The Google calendar error “The owner of the calendar must either be the organizer or an attendee of an event that is imported.” is well known, and I know how to repair the calendar, but still I cannot save the event.

The actual situation is that there is calendar of another owner which I am allowed to write into, and I would like to do it. But the owner does not use this adress for E-Mail, so it would be counterintuitive to add this adress to my adress book. Anyhow, manually adding the owner is unnecessary effort.

As Google doesn’t allow it otherwise anyway, it would be great eM Client could just add the owner of a calendar (which should be known from the calendar) as attendee in case this isn’t done by me (without sending an invitation automatically, invitations are mostly overkill, especially if I directly write into persons’ calendars).

It has been fixed in our internal version so you can expect it in the next update.

How do you repair this error? It comes up every time I open eM Client.

Hi,

this was fixed long time ago, what exactly is not working for you on this?

Jan

As I said, the box comes up every time I open eM Client. It says: “The owner of the calendar must either be the organizer or an attendee of an event that is imported.” All seems to be OK, though - the calendar is synched - but the message is an annoyance. (Windows 8/Chrome)

then please update it to this version http://www.emclient.com/dist/v5.0.190… and tell me when exactly is this happening (import, sychronization, etc…)

Jan

Just updated it and the same thing is happening. It only occurs when I start up eM Client, not at any other time.

hmm, so temporary fix could be just turning off error messages. Tools - Settings - General - General and uncheck “show window when an error occurs”

Jan

And…it worked! Thanks.

you are welcome :slight_smile:

Jan