Must close and reopen eM Client to get it to download current mail

If i run send/receive Client will not go to my email hosts and update the emails waiting. If i close and reopen eM Client(version 6.0.23421.0) then it will update the emails waiting. If i leave it open over time it will eventually update but usually many hours behind

Hi Don,
what Mail provider do the affected accounts use? Are they set up as IMAP/POP/Other? Do you have an automatic Synchronization in Tools > Settings > General > General > Synchronization?

Best regards,
Olivia

I use charter.net and gmail.com both imap. They are set to synchronize every 3 minutes

Hello Don,
unfortunately this is a known issue with the charter servers. Their IMAP logs don’t send any information about changes on the server and we are able to extract the information only during the initial sync; we have no fix for this yet.
But gmail shouldn’t have this problem at all - does it happen on gmail too or is it just the charter account?

Best regards,
Olivia

Yes it happens with Gmail also

Hi Don,
could you set up IMAP logging for your gmail account? You can do so in Tools > Settings > Advanced.
Try to replicate the issue with sending a new email to your gmail and if it does not arrive within the set synchronization time to eM Client (and is on the webmail) go back to advanced settings and send the logs to [email protected] with a link to this forum topic.

Best regards,
Olivia