Multiple Duplicate mails in sent

Hi all,

I’ve been using eM Client for a couple of month now, it’s really awesome. Features like multiple a/c, multiple chat, jabber a/c. i love it. But i’ve been experiencing an issue with sent items, Let me tell you full story.

I’m a network admin, i configured 2 google and one exchange a/c. Problem is, i find multiple copies of sent mails in sent items. I don’t know why, some times i get scared if i sent some important mails to my Director’s or Clients that if they are being delivered multiple times like spam.

The reason i think is when i loose wifi connectivity some times, i’ll try hitting send receive again and again to send the mail when i get wifi. But it should generate duplicate sent items because of hitting send receive again and again right ?

Please help me solve it.

Thanks and regards.

Hello,

can I ask you from what email account you send these emails which are duplicated?

If it is from google one, try to turn off “save copy of sent messages in “Sent” folder”
Tools - Settings - Mail - Send.

Google has some weird system for sent messages and they save them anyway, Problem is that this could lead to not save sent mesasges for all accounts in eM Client.

with regards
Jan

"Problem is that this could lead to not save sent mesasges for all accounts in eM Client.

with regards
Jan "

Why cant eM Client separate each email account configured in eM Client, for this settings?

I checked Thunderbird and Postbox they both has this setting for each email account. If this is separated for each account then user can choose to “save sent items” for each email account.

Hi,
send us your SMTP and IMAP logs capturing this issue please - we will analyze them and will try to find possible cause of the issue. Thank you.

Hi,

I have the same issue, using only 1 fastmail account (albeit with two aliases). Please see attached screenshot. Please help with this minor irritation.

Regards,
Alan

Hello,

I will need your IMAP logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Wait until you will receive duplicated emails and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan

I have the same problem on O365

Hello Jerry,
the duplicate is created because of the “Save copy of sent messages in “Sent” folder” setting in Tools>Settings>Mail>Read. This setting is useful for accounts which don’t automatically save messages on the server.
Sometimes this setting is recognized incorrectly, and both the server and eM Client save a copy - one of the copies is synchronized from the server, one is saved locally. Due to some changes with the Microsoft accounts this now happens with O365. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but please know that the copy is only saved locally and no duplicates are actually sent to your contacts.

Regards,
Olivia