Multiple computers one license

you need 2 licenses for two computers, your Gmail account can be even on three devices (your two computers and cell phone for example).

All em Client cares is license and it’s allowed numbers of activation :slight_smile:

Jan

I agree with this. It’s common practice to pay for a license that allows the program to be used on the buyer’s several machines. eM Client is very good, but not THAT good.

Hi, this licensing model is what we think that suits eM Client well, since only minority of users is complaining (it is not possible to satisfy everyone) we will stay with this model in the future too.

Jan

Not only do most software licenses cover multiple computers these days – they cover multiple devices.  Part of the attraction of this program is being able to sync it between computers, like, say, Gmail, but without Android capability. Just sayin’.  It’s a very good program, but I won’t be able to afford it as long as the policy remains one computer per license.

Hi Janet, I’m sorry our licensing system is not the ideal solution for you, but unfortunately we’re not planning making any changes to our licensing at the moment.

Hope you can manage to use the current setting.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

I am trying to run free em Client on 2 different pcs for the same email account. I understand in order to do that I need 2 licenses, 1 for each computer. When I try to get the second license, I receive the following:

License issuing failed.
License for this email already exists. Only one free license per email is allowed.

You can get your existing activation key here.

What do I need to do?

Hi Ken, unfortunately you can only have one free license registered to your email, it is not possible to register two free licenses for the same email account.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

I can’t agree with Stephen only in the sense that I don’t know how good eM is, since I’ve not been able to use it.  I am locked out of creating a new account because my name shows up a having been issued a previous software key.  Must have been ages ago because I don’t remember ever having installed eM anywhere.  Actually I only heard of it today.  I’m willing to give eM the benefit of a doubt, but from what I’ve been reading on the blog, there may be many more users that are unhappy than Jan seems to state.  How do I come up with this conclusion?  Because, as with me.  It is not unlikely that other people attempted to try it, possibly on a very old computer eons ago, and now with new accounts, new computers new providers, may have a possible use, but eM has such an outdated pricing policy that people are just no longer interested.  Thank you eM you’ve just helped me decide it is not worth it to me to bother with eM in the future.