Moving files to new computer

I FOUND THE FOLLOWING INFO ON A PAST POST:

“How can I move my eM email from a Windows 7 machine to a new Windows 8 one?
Hi there. I am about to switch over to a new Windows 8 machine. I would like to move my current eM email to there (from Windows 7), without losing my current Inbox folders or any of my mail. Is there any way to do this?”

I WAS ABLE TO LOCATE THE DATA ON MY XP MACHINE WITH NO PROBLEM - BUT NOT SURE WHERE TO PUT IN ON A Windows 8 MACHINE

It should be the same as on Win7:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client

Thanks, George. I successfully migrated eM Client from XP to Windows 8 in this manner:

1. Backed up XP folder/files from:
    C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client
  2. Installed eM Client on Windows 8 PC WITHOUT OPENING PROGRAM.
    I unchecked the box which would start eM Client at the end of installation.
  3. I unchecked “read only” attributes of all former files, then copied them to
    C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (the folder eM Client
    did not exist yet, because I never opened the program on the Win 8 PC).

Note: You may have to “unhide” system files so you can see the folders noted above.

George, are their any security or attribute settings I should adjust on these copied data files for proper operation and security/privacy?

Hello,

no after migration from backup all your eM Client data and settings should have same settings as in previous installation.

regards
Jan

Jan, I copied data files from a backup on an external drive which automatically marked all files as read only. I knew that would not work with data files, so I unchecked the read only attribute for all data files before I copied to the new drive. So, I don’t know what the original attribute settings are for the data files from the original default installation.

Hello,

is everything working then? From your post I can’t understand if issue is still on place.

regards
Jan