Moving emails from Gmail to another IMAP account

I’m using eM Client to move some selected emails from Gmail to another IMAP account. The operation completes successfully, that’s fine.

The only thing I cannot understand: why after MOVING (not copying) then if I access my Gmail account on web I can still see that emails in Gmail while are not shown in the Gmail account inside eM Client?!  Cannot get it sorted out… I’d like to definitely move that emails so that them do not exist anymore in Gmail but only in the target IMAP account! Please can you help? Thanks.

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?
Where exactly are those messages visible after moving them onto your IMAP account?

To move messages from one location to another, all you should need to do is to drag and drop the messages onto the selected destination folder or right click your selection and select “Move to folder…”.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi, I don’t have the computer with me right now, but the version is this here which I’ve downloaded 7 days ago, so I think the latest available:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

The directions you give here is exactly what I did “Move to…”. 
Therefore I ask: is it a Gmail issue which does not allow to move emails through a email client or there are some specific settings in Gmail or eM Client?

This issue is making me crazy! Cannot achieve to have the selected emails moved to another IMAP account deleted from Gmail, them survive magically!! 
Any ideas?
 Thanks.

Try to update your application to this release and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21289/setup.msi ?

Unfortunately I’m unable to replicate the suggested behavior, all messages are moved without the original remaining in the previous folder. Can you please tell me where are you seeing the old messages (which folders), or possibly create a screenshot of the issue?

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks for the download link.
I instealled it on a new laptop. Unfortunately, I cannot replicate the process since, magically, now that messages are not available in Gmail account into eM but only in Gmail, so from inside eM I cannot select that messages simply because the search does not give me that results.

I mean, inside eM that messages are properly moved, but they still are in Gmail webmail… !!

How to get again that messages and MOVE?

However, just did another attempt with this eM version you sent me.
Dragged two emails from Gmail to IMAP account.
Again: inside eM Client emails are moved properly.
Going on Gmail (browser) emails are still there!!!

What to do? Some settings inside Gmail? How must be set Gmail? IMAP enabled or disabled? Pop enabled or disabled.?

Any ideas? This is crazy!

Hi again, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for both accounts?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi, thanks again, but I think the issue is not solved yet.
I sent the email with log files.
Thanks.

Hi again, seems like the email should be in your eM Client, can you please check your search settings, check if you’re searching through “all folders” and that “subject” is included in the searched criteria.

To adjust your search settings, click on the dropdown next to the little magnifying glass in the search bar.

Hope this helps,
Paul