Moving e-mails from Inbox to folders

When moving e-mails from my Inbox to other folders, the cursor returns to the start position rather than to the previous folder e-mails were moved to. Is there some setting change that can effect this?

Hi, I personally don’t receive this issue, my cursor doesn’t return anywhere, it’s definitely not in the setting of eM Client, it’s not a feature…
What version of eM client are you using? What version of Internet Explorer do you have on your computer (can you make sure it’s the latest available)?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks, Paul. Being new to it, I had misunderstood how the system works. I now realise that the last folder or sub-folder accessed remains highlit, though the separate window that opens on moving an item starts at the top of the folder list. I can work with this, though it would be a little easier if it opened at the highlit folder.
Regards,
Bill Chesshyre

I’m now completely unsure what the issue is, can you maybe make a screenshot of this issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

When moving an e-mail from my inbox to another folder, I right click on it and select “Move to folder”. The first window below opens at the “start” position. To reach the folder last accessed I have to scroll down to that folder, which, when I get there, is highlighted, as in the second window below. The point that I am trying to make is that, when trying to sort a large inbox, it would be easier if, when selecting “Move to folder”, the second window showing the last folder accessed opened directly, rather than having to start at the top and scroll down to it.

I hope that makes it clearer,

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

You don’t need to use these popup windows to move e-mails from folder A to folder B.

You can also just use drag-and-drop in the main window of eM Client. In the left column you will still see the folder to which you’ve moved the last e-mail.

Hi, Paul,

Thanks. I will try that.

Regards,

Bill

Hi, yes Bill, I think using the drag and drop can be easier than using this while sorting out a large number of emails, unfortunately it’s not possible to navigate you to a folder which you’d like, the application doesn’t have the setting for this.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks. I still prefer to move e-mails to folders using the mouse right button and pop-up windows. Since the previous folder accessed remains highlighted, is it not possible to arrange for the pop-up window to open showing that folder rather than starting from the top?

Regards,

Bill

Hi again Bill, unfortunately it’s currently not possible to start with the last accessed folder, I’ll add this as a feature request for future releases, but I’m afraid most users prefer the current settings.

Thank you for understanding, I hope you can manage to use the current setting,
Paul.

Thanks, Paul

No problem, let me know if you have any other questions or issues with the application, I’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.