mouseover mail list

When I mouseover new messages in my inbox, a little one-line message pops up under the cursor. Is that em client, or windows(7)? It interferes with clicking on the email…

This only happens when your cursor is on the subject and the subject is too long to fit in the subject column…I’m guess this is a Windows question, not an eMClient question, but maybe someone knows how to turn this off

Hi, yes this is normal, it’s in order to show the full subject and it only appears after a short delay. This can’t be turned off, it’s as you say a windows feature.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

The problem with the mouseover popup in this case is that the popup is under the tip of the mouse pointer and interferes with clicking on the message; it soon disappears and then you can click, or, you can just move off the subject to another part of the line. But other instances I’ve seen of mouseover popups, the message is not in the way; not under the tip, but further down a millimeter or so out of the way… I bet there’s a registry tweak that can fix this, but I’d never find it, so…

Hi, if this popup shows up you should be able to either click on it an the message below the popup should be clicked on as standard (that’s the behavior in Windows 8 that I’m using), in Windows 7 it’s possible that the used case that you have to click once and the popup disappears upon second click you can click the message.

This really isn’t considered an eM Client issue.

I understand this might be troubling you, but it’s a windows feature, that we’re unable to fix.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

I understand this is an issue eM Client can’t fix. It’s not a big problem as it only happens when the subject is too long to fit in the ‘subject’ column, otherwise you don’t get the popup. My last note was to further illuminate the ‘problem’ (if it can really be called a problem) in hopes that someone reading this might have an idea.