More evidence that eM Client cannot handle Mac Mail

This is pretty bad. I’m pasting two screen shots below. They are the same mail in Thunderbird (top) and eM Client. They were forwarded from a Mac. Note that in the Thunderbird (correct) version there are sections divided by horizontal lines, and there are five attachments.

In the eM Client version, note that the mail is blank below where the first horizontal line would appear. There are five attachments, but then there are additional “unnamed” attachments. These open as HTML files and they are the text that appears in the body of the properly rendered mail.

This is extremely unsatisfactory. Thank you for looking into it.

I agree this is a problem. Looks similar to what is described here:
https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

Similar, probably related, and probably has something to do with HTML rendering (assuming because in the example on this page seems to have to do with horizontal lines). I’m sure the em C team will want to figure it out. Lot of Macs out there.

I assume the sender has attached 5 e-mails to another e-mail.

Thunderbird seems to show those attached e-mails automatically, and eM Client regards them as the (original) attachments.

I don’t think this is a ‘bug’ in eM Client.

In my case, it was in line text, not an attached message. It is a bug.

“I assume the sender has attached 5 e-mails to another e-mail. Thunderbird seems to show those attached e-mails automatically,”

Do not understand comment. This was a mail with five (pdf) documents attached. eM Client took PART OF THE BODY COPY, and rendered that body copy as _five separate attachments_ (they were descriptions of the attachments, contained in the body of the mail).

This is clearly a bug and could be nothing else.

To everyone experiencing this issue, I will need to follow this:

"Could you send me one or two of these emails to [email protected] with this topic’s url in the subject?

I need to have something “real” to send it to developer."

I think these are same issues but I need to be sure.

Jan