missing POP or local folder?

Greetings,

I attempted to set up two POP3 accounts on my eM today, and I am receiving my mail, If I have understood correctly, the POP3 option should be cleaning the mail from my server, and I should have a separate folder tree for each account. However, neither of my mail accounts are clearing from the server, and I have only one of the two accounts showing up to the right. Both however both show up in the global folder tree. I checked my account settings and both accounts are set up as POP3 accounts.

Have I done something wrong? How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello,
usualy when you create POP account first time, it is saving all messages to Local folders. If you want to display these folders, go to Tools - Settings and check “Show Local folders”
Afterwards open the menu Tools - Accounts, click tab POP3 and uncheck the option “Leave a copy of messages on the server”.
Hope it helps.

Your guidance worked perfectly, thanks! Now, I have a three more questions. I will post them here unless you would like me to post them as separate threads…

1/ Trying to import my calender from an old Outlook backup file .PST resulted in a separate calender but without any of the entries in the original. Is this fixable, or maybe not worth the bother? We are almost at the end of the year so I don’t care much if I have to keep a handwritten calender till 2013.

2/ When I tried to access my Help files in eM, my Windows 7 gave me message telling me that it could not recognize the file and then gave me some suggestions for program associations to use to open it. According to what I read on the Web, IE could read these compressed HTLM file, so I established an association with IE. All I got when I executed this were redundant dialogue boxes asking me to choose open or save, and whichever one I chose, the system gave me more of the same dialogue box. How can I decompile these files, and if I need to establish a new program association, can you tell where to go in Windows 7 for this?

3/One of the two emails addresses I set up has ended up being called “local folder.” Is there some way rename this with the proper email address? Again not a big deal, but I crave symmetry :slight_smile:

Thanks George, I really appreciate you help!

Daniel

1. What version of eM Client are you using? Both these issues should be fixed in the latest version. Please contact me directly at wilson@emclient.com so I can send you a newer version.
  1. The only solution is to create the account again and move/copy all your data from the local folders to the newly created folders if needed.