Missing emails in "Sent" folder

Using eM Client 6.0.22344 w/MS Outlook/Hotmail host, suddenly today I am missing >90% of emails in the “Sent” folder.  I have today’s sent emails and then huge gap, and then have some emails from 2012 and earlier.  No emails from earlier this years or 2014.  Help, please

Hello, sorry to see this, are your messages still availble on the hotmail server when you login using your webmail application?

Regards,

sorry for tardy reply…YES all msgs are available on Hotmail server.  About 48 hrs after I posted here, all sent mail items reappeared in my Sent mail folder.  Then, sometime between last night and today, ALL my sent mails disappeared, and it looks like the sent mail folder is being rebuilt from scratch…“synchronizing sent…” in lower left corner has been present all day.  I can barely do anything else while this is going on.  Even sending a short email w/o attach, it says “this op may take a long time”  Why cant the sent folder remain intact and get updated???Why is it being totally wiped again and again??  Thanks for your help

Hello, this unfortunately reminds me one of the existing issues on the AirSync protocol that’s currently being used to synchronise your items with the server.

Please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable AirSync logging for the problematic account and replicate the issue.

Once the issue reoccurs and you notice the items have finished the sync and the folder sync has started again, restart the application and go back to the advanced settings window. Use the “Send logs” button and submit the log to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic for more information about this issue.

Regards,
Paul

OK.  will-do

The wipe and re-build of the Sent folder started again.  I sent you some of the logs, but not all.  A few of them are quite large, like 50-100 MB. We’ll have to figure a way to transfer them to you.  Thx.  At this point, the Sent folder re-build has stopped, and the re-build is incomplete–missing large chunks, like all of 2014.

Hello, sorry for the belated reply, unfortunately I was unable to find any errors in the logging data you’ve submitted to us, are you sure the issue has occurred while the logging was enabled, or did the folder re-sync occur after you’ve submitted the data to us?

I’m afraid this might be related to an AirSync issue that we’ve came across couple of months ago, this has caused some of the Outlook.com / MSN / Hotmail account to re-sync their folders once the synchronisation is finished, this was unfortunately due to an undocumented server error that we were unable to work around.

The only option how to work around this issue, would probably be re-setting up the account as IMAP/SMTP rather than a regular AirSync account, but unfortunately this would disable your ability to synchronise contacts or calendars with the server and you could only use the local data for these items - or another account added to eM Client.

I am certain the error occurred while logging was enabled.  Perhaps the large log files, which I could not send via email, have the error(s) contained therein.  Would it help to see those large log files?

If they contain the errors, they would most likely help, please make sure to submit this data from the Log folder in your user/AppData/Roaming/eM Client folder, to my work mail [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic using some common file sharing service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Thank you,