Missing Contacts

Business Card view is just the way eM Client displays the data. That has nothing to do with where the contacts are stored. You can choose to display the data in any convenient form, so telephone list, business cards etc. 

There is a difference between Local Folders and online folders like Google. They are not the same. Local means local, i.e. it is stored only on the computer. You cannot link your online contacts that are stored on the Google server to Local Folders. They are either local or online.

If the online data is not visible in eM Client, that is another matter.

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the GMail account. On the General Tab, make sure that the services you want are selected.

If Google Contacts is not selected, then you will not see them in eM Client. If Google Calendar is not selected, you will not see your Tasks in eM Client.

Hi Gary
Maybe we should have checked this at the beginning!  I now have all the contacts as before.
I now suspect the link/setting was removed by my AV program - AVG has a service called “Tune Up” which I tried for a month. (now removed) It supposedly speeds up the computer, but at the same time screws up some important settings!

Regards

Bob

Glad we got is sorted. :slight_smile:

Gary
This “exercise” has been useful, revealing to me Local Folders etc. I will try to link the Yahoo account also.  There may be more questions then… Although I am not in business, I do manage a database of club members. Now considering the “Pro” version…

Thank you

Bob

I have a related but different problem. Paradoxically, I was presented with an unending attempt to get my password, and yet, all the folders seem to have been imported from Windows Live Mail - EXCEPT the Contacts folder. I avoid syncing from Google, because it has and would populate my phone Contacts with every one who has ever emailed me. HOW to get the W.L.M.contacts registering in EMClient ? I have been able to send from EmClient an email to myself and it arrived, so the password hangup must have been a furfy. Even WIN10MAIL that I was trying out, had NO problem getting my contacts from wherever, but EmClient fails !

PROBLEM SOLVED - I expected it to be done automatically, but could do it manually once I googled the question.