Messages Marking as read as soon as they come in.

My messages come in and immediately show as read. This is an email shared by a few other coworkers. They use outlook, but each time an email comes through, it stays as unread until they open it on their own computer. I would like that on eM Client, as Im missing emails because they are all showing up as read.

Hello Tanner, if you’re all using IMAP for synchronizing this account with your eM Client or Outlook, this is a feature of the protocol. IMAP keeps your items synchronized with the server and synchronizes message flags across devices. In order to avoid this, you’d have to make a copy of the unread message in your local folders by using a rule or setup a POP3 account that would only be used to download new incoming messages rather than synchronizing your folders with the server.

Hope this helps.

Could you walk me through setting the account up as pop3 instead of IMAP. I don’t see the pop settings menu.

Hello Tanner, to setup an account as POP3 go to Tools > Accounts > New account, but instead of using the automatic setup, switch to the Mail tab below and select “Other”, proceed with the steps using the recommended server settings of your mail server.

Hope this helps.

Nvm, I figured it out.

Please stop sending me every day the same Infos. I recived already more than 300.  Who is tanner? Matussek

If you’re receiving forum updates go to your user profile to adjust your email preferences.

Glad it works, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application.