Message "Maximum Literal Size Exceeded" for the last several weeks stating on 7-5-18 that I would like to delete ans not show again?

Error message stating “Maximum Literal Size Exceeded” for the last several weeks stating on 7-5-18 that I would like to delete ans not show again?

Does this not indicate that the message size was larger than that allowed by your SMTP server?

Look in Local Folders Outbox and see if the message is still there. If it is, delete it. If you can’t see Local Folders, you can enable them in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.

Or is this referring to something else? You will find the complete error in Menu > Tools > Operations, either in the error tab or in the log. The log entry will probably have more details.

4 years ago
Photo of Paul - Technical Support

Paul - Technical Support, Employee

• 11315 Posts
     -  524 Reply Likes

4 years ago
Photo of Paul - Technical Support
 Paul - Technical Support, Employee

11315 Posts   524 Reply Likes
Hi Roz, you can’t get rid of this type of messages, you can only disable showing of errors entirely by going to Tools > Settings, and uncheck the option “Show operations window when an error occurs”.

The message can be generated by your server or the recipient server (but in this case probably yours), when an attachment exceeds the allowed limit for a single attachment (it’s usually around 20MB).
If the attachment wasn’t accepted by the recipient’s server you would probably get a return email, that the attachment exceeded it’s limits, but not an error.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Roz, you can’t get rid of this type of messages, you can only disable showing of errors entirely by going to Tools > Settings, and uncheck the option “Show operations window when an error occurs”.

The message can be generated by your server or the recipient server (but in this case probably yours), when an attachment exceeds the allowed limit for a single attachment (it’s usually around 20MB).
If the attachment wasn’t accepted by the recipient’s server you would probably get a return email, that the attachment exceeded it’s limits, but not an error.

Hope this helps,

Paul.I did this and will see if this helps
Ralph

Sure, you can hide the message. Unfortunately if there is a message stuck in your Outbox, it can cause problems. The best solution is still to discover the cause and fix it. Don’t you think so Ralph?

Oh, and I disagree with Paul’s comment that you quoted. You can get rid of any type of error messages by fixing the problem.