Menu Bar Option, Please

Also just went back from v7(.0) to v6: It just seems looking different just for the sake of looking different without any real benefit (yet) - maybe should stick to the old “never install a .0 version”… :frowning:

• Menu is a nightmare: Always one click more
  • The touch option is as inconsistent and useless as it was in v6. In some places it increases line spacing but it doesn’t really help using it via touch screen (Lenovo thinkpad yoga - cool idea, but no desktop app makes really use of it including emclient)
  • The toolbar has some entries on the left and some centered?
  • The e-mail compose window neither has a proper menu nor a customizible toolbar…?!
    and many many details more…

On the other side it’s still not possible to open inbox side by side with the calendar on my huge desktop screen. Going to calendar forcedly hides inbox and vice versa. Or view two mail folders in two Windows.

By when will 7.1 be out? Maybe I’ll give it another try then…

Hello Uwe,
the mail compose window is also customizable, just right-click and open the Customize menu.
As for the main toolbar - the buttons should be centered. Could you provide a screenshot of a left-centered items while the rest is in the center? If there is such bug we’d like to know about it, of course.
As for the menu - there should be no reason to access the main menu so often (unless you are setting up your accounts for the first time, perhaps). That is why we keep asking our users which features they access in the Menu so often so we can move it to a more easily accessible space and such changes are already planned for eM Client 7.1.
Separate Windows for Calendar/Mail/Folders aren’t currently planned.

We will inform about 7.1 release on our facebook and blog when there is information to be shared.

Regards,
Olivia

You did say in November that we could expect V7.1 at the end of the year, I think you ment 2016

Hello Peter,
yes, that was my information at the time.
Due to new features being added we are still in Alpha testing phase on version 7.1.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,
thank you for the info. Actually I have no problem at all with the version I am using (7.028252 thanks to your reply to annother thread). Still it would be nice to have a new version to complain about before St. Never’s Day (St. Nimmerleinstag).
Keep up the good work
Peter

I agree with the sentiments expressed so far.  After a long wait I was excited to pay and upgrade from version 6 to 7.  Wow, was I disappointed.  I don’t like the new menu bar.  It seems a waste, especially as there is nothing occupying the space.  I also find it annoying when software developers tell me what I should like.  The new menu system is much less usable and also requires more clicks to access.   I was also disappointed in the delayed send.  In gmail it can be set  to a 30 second default delay so if I click send and suddenly realise that I didn’t want to sent it I could have time to stop it.  I thought that was what emClient meant with delayed send. The implemented version is no value to me.  

I like some others have reverted back to version 6 despite having paid for version 7.  I will be interested in what was on offer for version 7.1 but I will not be rushing in.

Same here: I want the menue bar back.

Sorry, Olivia (and the other talented eMC developers) - I LOVE eMC over MS Outlook (the only client I used for 15 years) but ANOTHER vote for the Menu Bar!  Options should be available to install eMC classically or aesthetically, depending on user preference using various display types.

I tried v7 over a year ago but went right back to v6.0.24928.0 within 2 days because I mainly work from a laptop connected to a 37" display.  The “new” aesthetic way didn’t work then and doesn’t work now for me.

I have an 8.9" screen tablet and a 5" screen smartphone - just use the gMail interface on both of those because it’s easier to use on smaller screens.  My sent mail is synced back to my eMC account so I’m really missing nothing - except the ease of use via the Menu Bar.

Why destroy such a functional attribute and replace it with a one-size-fits-all approach.  MS has done that for years and it got way to clunky for me so I switched to the (once-) fabulous eMC.  The argument for taking a personalized approach is simple: people using technology have different needs, across the spectrum, depending on their personal preferences, “handicaps”, and tasks.

“I Want My” eMC, too but WON’T be upgrading anytime in the foreseeable future…especially if it gets too clunky along the way.  Then, I’ll just find something else.

Bill, I so feel the same way in every aspect!

This would be a perfect e-mail client, but without a menu bar it is useless, and I presume that if this was not implemented in four long years it will never will be. So sad.

Why do all companies think that forcing users to accept loss of perfectly working functionality, destroying ease of use, and adding cumbersome extra clicks and steps, is the magic streamlining bullet that turns formerly happy and satisfied “free” users into unhappy and unsatisfied but now paying customers?

Alas, very sad, I was able to set and enable every single problematic option that was forcefully “retired” from Outlook, Gmail and Thunderbird, and would have had the perfect e-mail client again, but no such luck, because the display of the menu bar cannot be a user specific option. :frowning:

Off to the next e-mail client, maybe it will have a menu bar and a CC and BCC fields, and a reply to all functionality and possibly it will send/receive e-mail as well…

Menu bars were there in version 6, but with the simplified interface redesign in version 7 they were dropped. The idea is that screen real estate can be used more effectively to display other things, and the menus can be hidden behind a drop-down button. So they are still there, displayed a little differently, but just a click or two away. Most can also be accessed by shortcut keys if there is something you use regularly and cannot add to the existing always visible toolbar.

I think it is highly unlikely that eM Client would go back to that interface of 5 years ago, after they have spent so many years refining the simplified interface that we currently have.

It does not matter, if a company is unwilling to provide an option of a service that is requested by a user, than they lose the patronage of that user, if the “vision of design” is more important than the comfort and satisfaction of the users than: be happy with your streamlined design while losing customers.

You just lost me to Postbox, it has a functional - no extra clicks needed and no silly vertical design - menu and all - every single one - of the so called “streamlined” features removed from Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird and eM Client the past few years.

I personally don’t have an issue with the old menu bar gone and like the menu top left.

That’s fine. If those email clients don’t have what you need then there are so many other options out there to look at. You are the one who has to use it, so find what works best for you.

Of course if you really do need the retro menu bar, all previous versions of eM Client, including version 6 which was the last to have it, are still available for you to download and use. You can find them in the Release History.