meetings will not display on my calendar

When I try to create meetings or accept invites, the meetings will not show on my calendar. This problem began suddenly. I’ve never had this issue before.

Hi Richard, what version of eM Client are you currently using? What mail service provider are you using (Gmail, yahoo, …)?
Do you receive any error messages from the application?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I’m using version 6.0.20648.0. Might have solved the problem – for some reason, the emclient calendar was defaulting off my gmail account and was trying to enter meetings into “Contacts’ birthdays and events” as well as “Holidays in the United States.” I would accept a meeting invite and it wouldn’t appear on the calendar. It seems ok at the moment but I have to do more testing when email invites come in. I have not received any errors from the application.

-RIch

Hi again, ok glad you’ve find a way to resolve this, keep me posted if you come across this or any other issue or question about the application.
I’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Awesome, thanks Paul!

Recently I bought a new computer, and I think the switch from Windows 7 to Windows 8 has caused some issues. Strangely, when I reply to messages, the text under “Original Message” is usually tiny and unreadable, unless I zoom in. eMClient registers the text as size 14, but I see much smaller text. Specifically, any time there’s an image (even a signature image), the rest of the text seem to get shrunk and distorted.

My hunch was to fix this under setting -> mail -> read -> preferred style, but part of the menu is actually cut off (see image). Any ideas?

Hi Richard, what version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hey Paul, I’m using version 6.0.20648.0

Hi again, can you please update to this version and check if the setting option is still displayed incorrectly?
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20715/setup.msi

I checked this on my computer but I’m seeing the option properly.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

Hey Paul,

I downloaded that version – the menu is still cut off. Any other possible fixes?

Are you using any custom font in Windows? Seems like you’re using a different font or font size/formatting than the default which causes the text to wrap.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hey sorry for the delay here, I don’t think I received an email notification on this one.

I don’t appear to be using a custom font. However, I did play with Windows text sizing in order to make messages readable. I’ve tinkered with those font sizes again – no luck.

With regard to the calendar problem I described above, it struck again yesterday … certain meeting invites appear on the calendar and work perfectly, and certain invites refuse to appear. I never had this problem before switching to Windows 8. One thing I love about eM Client is how reliable the calendar normally is…but this is setting me up to really anger a client or two. Any ideas?

Hi Richard, I though the issue with some meetings not displayed was resolved, are you again having issues with this?
The incorrect wrapping in settings should be fixed in future releases as well.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hey Paul,

Yeah, I thought it was resolved to then a meeting didn’t save and I blew off a client. I thought there was a pattern to this, but I can’t figure why this particular meeting didn’t save. It was an invite sent to me; it said it was automatically loaded into the calendar (no accept button to push). Those always appear, but this one didn’t for some reason. Any ideas?

Glad to hear the wrapping issue is going to be fixed. Thanks again!

-Rich

Hi Richard, if this is a gmail account invitations appear in the right sidebar under invitations, or they are displayed in your calendar as white (this means they’re pending for your approval).
So the invitation received in email will not contain the accept button.

This due to a different system Gmail is using for it’s calendars (Gdata).

Hope this will prevent such scenario in future.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hey Paul,

This invitation didn’t even appear in white on the calendar prior to accepting…that’s what threw me off. What could have caused that? Pretty worried about missing stuff now…

-Rich

Are you able to replicate the issue? What calendar service have you been invited from (was this an issue between google calendars)?
If you are able to replicate the issue, you can go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable GData logging for the problematic account.

Do you still have the message containing the missing accept/decline buttons? Can you export it into .eml file and send it to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hey Paul, the problem just happened again, and I’m finding more oddities. After I accepted an invite, eM Client shows the box with: “You have already sent a status response to the organizer.” When I look at the invite in gmail, it says: “This event has been canceled.” It’s not canceled. It’s also refusing to show up on the eM Client calendar…I’m stumped.

Hi Richard, the email I’ve received from you is not a calendar invite, it’s simply a message stating when the meeting is supposed to be held. It was not created by any calendar application though and if it was it is not a standard calendar invite.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.