Meetings Generated from Email not Appearing in Calendar

Hi, I’ve tried creating a meeting from an email (right-click, create meeting from message). Its a private entry, just for my own use ( a webinar I’m to attend), but when I create the meeting, it doesn’t appear in the calendar. I can find it in the agenda, but shouldn’t it also appear in the calendar, so I can see all of my calendar events and agenda in one place? I’m a little confused.
Thanks
Al

I have the same problem.  I hope someone gives us an answer.

Hello,
can I just ask if this happens on all of your accounts (or if not, which ones does it happen on)?
Do you have more calendar folders set up?
What version of eM Client are you running?

Regards,
Olivia

I only have one account, a gmail account which is used only for personal use.  Beneath Gmail there are two folders under the category ‘more’ - birthdays and holidays; In addition there are 2 ‘local folders’ both called 'Calendar (one pink, one blue). I’m not sure why I have these local folders however. The calendar appears the same regardless if I select the gmail folder or the two other folders. Here’s a screenshot. Hope that’s helpful.

Ok, so does this mean that I don’t get an anwer to my question?  If you can’t fix it can I at least get an answer so that I know if it is supposed to work this way or not ? I mean WTF ?

Yes, I have replied. Is there an answer here ?

Hello Al,
the Local calendar is just part of the Local Folders option, where you can store data in your local database and not synchronize them. If you do not use any part of the Local Folders (Tasks, Mail, etc) you can hide them in Tools>Settings>General and uncheck the Show Local Folders option.

Also, please check the version number in Help>About section please.

As for your issue, this should definitely not be happening, especially with gmail. Can you screenshot the Event creation window when you choose to Create event from message?

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Al,
I apologize for the late answer, I’m trying to get to all the issues as fast as I can, but sometimes it can take longer than expected. Gmail accounts should not work this way, so please continue troubleshooting this with me in the post above.

Regards,
Olivia

I worked out that the local calendar etc didn’t do what I wanted from em Client.  I use the local folders for e-mails only.

I HAVE since been able to create ‘meetings’.  I’m actually creating appointments (or events).

The only problem I have is a Google issue, I think.  Because I use my festivale e-mail for setting up interviews, I get people setting up meetings in Google with that address instead of my gmail account, and I can’t pass the meeting into my Google account.  I don’t want to think about the mechanics of that.

I’m using 6.0.24432.0

I’m not sweating anything now that I’ve apparently got rules working.  That is very necessary.  I like the way one can build lists of addressees for a rule.

I’ve finished the preamble for the feature, so I’m just doing a bit of destruction testing.

The only thing that is really tricking me is the lack of a visual clue between ‘flagged’ and the scrolling folders.  I’m using the classic interface.

Thanks for all the help.

ALi

Hi Olivia here is the screenshot. I hope it’s helpful. Also, the version number is 6.0.24316.0

Hi. Sorry I became impatient. I attached the information you asked for, above.

Hi Al,
unfortunately all looks in order, so I’ll need you to set up GData logs so we can see how the data is being sent.
Go to Tools>Settings>Advanced, check GData for your account and save and restart eM Client.
Make a new meeting from message and if it doesnt appear in your calendar again, go to Advanced settings again, click ‘Send logs’ and change the recipient to [email protected] with a link to this forum topic and name of the tested event in the messages of the body.
Thank you.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
In the hope that I might get lucky and avoid a lot of lengthy investigation into this matter, I downloaded a copy of the software and installed it (without first uninstalling). I simply re-installed over the old copy and voila! It actually works now. When I convert an email to a calendar item, it appears in the calendar, as it should. I’m guessing there was a snag somewhere in the program that was preventing it from acting correctly. When I re-installed, as I anticipated, all of my emails, contacts and etc were preserved from the prior application.
You can see from the screenshot that I used the email that you’d sent. I didn’t change anything in the start, end times or etc, but there it is.
So, thank you for your help. I think I might have tried this in the first place and saved us all a lot of trouble.
Regards
Al

Hi Al,
it’s no trouble, I’m just glad the issue is solved now :slight_smile:
Re-installing and updating eM Client will always keep all your data, because those are stored in the database that is not written over during installation process.

Regards,
Olivia