Me.com, iCloud, Identity, and Clear Cache Question(s)

Is me.com/icloud.com server down? Could someone verify the correct settings? I am using:
general - authentication set to user name without @me.com,
imap - 995, use ssl/tls on special port (legacy), athentication user name without @me.com,
smtp - 587, use ssl/tls if available, authentication user id without @me.com,
calendar and contacts with [email protected].

I don’t understand what my “identity” is. Is it my user information? Account name? Does anyone know?

Also is there a way to clear cache files? When I first did the automatic setup, my imap worked briefly. I have tried everything including uninstalling the program and registry files, reinstalling, and running auto setup - and I still get old entries and not a “clean” account.

also, i am using imap.mail.me.com and smtp.mail.me.com
i have tried fix many, many times
i have tried different tricks such as entering info and exiting, entering info and restarting program, . . . restarting computer, and changing things one at a time over and over and over. I have spent A LOT of time on this. I’m stubborn.

Are you getting any error messages? If so, post it here please and then send us your logs: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Connecting to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temp server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check your settings?

I then open account settings. Go to FIX and then get “server says unathorized”. I keep switching between userid and [email protected]. I have also tried the same with icloud.com. Nothing works.

Sending log in a few moments.

Use port 993 instead of 995 - it should work without any problems.

It is still not working. Please confirm what userid should be used on imap, smtp, contacts, and calendar. Also, please confirm which security policies should be on imap and smtp. Should general have userid of userid or [email protected]?

UPDATE I disabled calendar and contacts for now. imap shows authentication failed. it does not work on either userid or [email protected]. i have restarted the program each time.

ANOTHER UPDATE - When I try to set up a different me.com account, it saves the settings from the old me.com account - this is why I asked if the cache can be cleared. When I try to fix the imap settings . . . it says autoconfiguration failed - an email service was detected, however credentials were rejected. I tried again with both userid or [email protected]. No luck. Of course, I double checked password. SMTP is working now.

Calendar and Contacts are not giving me errors, but not downloading (I think they need IMAP to first download). IMAP not working no matter what I try.

Hello . . .

Please help! I have tried these same settings on multiple email programs and em client is the only one not working. it appears to be a problem on this program’s side. i wonder if anyone is checking on this? Does ANYBODY use me.com or icloud.com and actually has imap working correctly right now???

Hi,
sorry for the delayed reply - if the problem is still actual contact me directly at [email protected]. Thank you.

OMG It works!! Thank you Juraj!
The problem was that I was using upper and lowercase letters in my userid. When switched to all lowercase, it worked. YAYYY!!