Mass mail ..default?

The majority of the emails I send (as a secretary of 2 different groups) are mass mailing - used specifically to comply with GDPR. I’d therefore prefer to have the send option to default to that. Is there a way - perhaps via a command line option, to set that as the default?

TBH, my personal feeling is that Mass Send should, in the climate of data protection (of email addresses), be the default.

martes 30 noviembre 2021 :: 1057hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Richard_George1

You are of course entitled to your opinion, as I am mine, concerning the send button default action, however, I do not agree. We have over 250 computers using email within my company, nobody except me uses the Mass Mail feature and that is for personal email, it is no hardship to click the V arrow to select the feature. As a company we favor and use a dedicated Mass Mail program that of course fully complies with GDPR.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

That’s fine for a company with funds available, but the groups I’m talking about are private groups where one individual (me) is the contact with the wider world. There are-oddly enough, people who don’t want their email address to be passed round everyone else, as if one person gets hacked, so everyone’s email address becomes available to the hackers.

If you use the facility for personal use, then that’s a good argument for it being the default.

martes 30 noviembre 2021 :: 1408hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Richard_George1

I do not see why it is a good argument, it is no imposition to select mass mail as and when needed; my opinion of course.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I do not see why it is a good argument, it is no imposition to select mass mail as and when needed; my opinion of course

Yes agree with @skybat most peeps at home and business wouldn’t normally want to send Mass Mail (as the default) and would normally be secondary option to send Mass Mail.