Mark as Read time problem

Just installed V9 and very happy BUT the “Mark all messages as read” command is very, very slow. Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 mail, 5 mails or 25 mails, it says the operation may take some time and then, occassionally, actually stops my laptop from responding for up to 10 seconds! I’m not sure that can be right. I do keep my store of 12gB of mail on a separate drive within the laptop and not on the C drive but, then, I always have and I’ve not had this particular problem before.

Mark all messages as read” command is very, very slow. Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 mail, 5 mails or 25 mails, it says the operation may take some time and then, occassionally, actually stops my laptop from responding for up to 10 seconds

I carn’t replicate that issue on either of my two computers with eM Client V9. I can read or unread pretty much any amount of emails in a sec or so.

As long as you have a good spec computer with a fast hard-disk and enough ram etc, could just be your emails maybe are just not all eg: cached properly locally yet “if you just setup eM Client” and still synching from the remote mail server. So check in “Show Operations” by clicking the dropdown arrow at the top left. If eM Client is still synching wait till its finished and try again.

(eM Client V9 for Windows example).

If all your mail has synced from the mail server already, then you might have a problem reading your other drive 12GB mail database fast enough and causing a read mail slowdown that is not normal.

I would suggest to try moving your mail database to your internal C drive and see if that fixes the issue

Failing that, you might have some other program running in the background interferring with eM Client causing it not to respond for 10sec sometimes as you said. Programs that can cause this type of thing is eg: Optional Antivirus programs scanning mail while you are trying to work on the mail client. So see what other programs you have running at the same time to make sure nothing else is causing the issue.