Main Inbox for all emails Columns reverting

Hi, I was able to customize the columns in each email however after I did the same to the main Inbox (all emails) and then closed and reopened eM Client, my changes were not saved in the main Inbox. Is there a way to save these ?

See following thread post to apply column configuration to other folders which should fix that.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/apply-current-view-to-all-folders/79915

@sunriseal post from above thread.

“Right-click a blank area of the horizontal columns line and click apply column configuration to other folders which should fix that”.

Thanks for your reply. However when I do that I have an option to apply it to each individual email folder and the “Local Folders” but not the “catch all” inbox that combines all my emails. That one is not on the list as an option.

I have an option to apply it to each individual email folder and the “Local Folders” but not the “catch all” inbox

Ok eM Client might then need & update to support the same save column options in “All Inboxes”. Could be there is an update already available to fix this.

What version of eM Client are you running, and are you using Windows or Mac.

9.0.1632 (3c23582) Mac

thank you

You can’t use this option to apply settings to the Favorites unified folders like All Inboxes.

1 Like

@Gary

You can’t use this option to apply settings to the Favorites unified folders like All Inboxes

Do you think that could be updated in a future eM Client release ?

Are you saying you are not supposed to be able to save changes to the columns in the “All Inboxes” folder? This seems like a (rather annoying) bug. “All Inboxes” is likely heavily used by most users and should be customizable.

Just to be clear on the observed behavior. The columns in (All) “Inboxes” can be modified just like any other folder and the changes will persist but only until the program is closed and re-opened. At that point all customizations will be lost and the columns will revert to their default state. This cannot be the intended behavior.

I am a new user on a trial having come over from Outlook because it was too bug-prone and Microsoft was too slow to deal with issues. I notice this issue is already 21 days old.