Mails only appear when clicking on folder (imap)

Hi,

i use eM Client Version 7.2.35595.0 on Windows 10.

The Client is configured to sync Mails every 5 Minutes, but it often happens that i click on a folder (which - regarding the client - has no new Mails) and then a new Mail appears.

It happend 5 Minutes ago. I received an eMail at 2:14PM, clicked on the folder at about 2:30PM and the Mail appeared. 

Is there a way to prevent this behaviour?

Thanks and best regards
Sebastian

Who is the email provider and are you using IMAP or Exchange?

I have seen this exact behavior with one Exchange server.

But if your account is setup as IMAP, the Inbox will sync in real-time and the sub-folder will sync on the schedule configured in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Synchronization. Usually what you will see with the sub-folders is three little dots next to them in the folder tree. That means they have new messages, but have not yet been synced. 

One way to prevent this behavior is to remove any filters on the server that are moving the messages, and instead setup a Rule in eM Client to move the messages. That way the messages will arrive in real-time, and then be moved to the sub-folders with the new message indicators present.

its a kerio Mailserver and i use IMAP. No 3 dots appeard (also the Mail did not “arrive” during the time configured in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Synchronization).

Its true that i use server side rules and do not let eM Client choose which email goes where. I want to keep it that way, because i also use other Mail Clients to check my email. 

I also prefer server-side filtering for the same reason.

I am not familiar with Kerio, but there have been some questions from Kerio users in the past. You can search this forum for Kerio, but I don’t recall this issue being mentioned. Sorry Sebastian.

If you have a Pro License, you could open a support ticket directly with eM Client where you will get further assistance.

thanks for your help. My plan was to buy a Pro License, but I wanted to test the client first. Now its not working as i would expect it to work, so i am not sure if i want to buy a Pro License :slight_smile:

i now got Exchange support working, but it still shows the same behaviour with only showing mails, when clicking on folder